Welcome to Kevin Chen's group web page.
- Upcoming travel / presentations:
- Apr 17, 2015. Jimin Song will be presenting a poster at the NY Epigenomics Symposium on May 4 at New York Genome Center.
- Apr 9, 2015. We're actively looking for a computer science or computational biology PhD student to join our group. Please send email to Kevin Chen if you're interested.
- Apr 8, 2015. We're very pleased to welcome two undergrads, Yuwen Wang (math/statistics), and Cassandra Burdziak (biomathematics) to the group.
- Apr 7, 2015. Kevin Chen has been promoted to Associate Professor with Tenure.
- Jan 23, 2015. Our manuscript describing our software for learning chromatin states, Spectacle, is in press at Genome Biology.
- Sep 29, 2014. Our Drosophila piRNA paper is in advance access at Genome Biology and Evolution.
- Aug 28, 2014. Liyang Diao has successfully defended her PhD thesis and moved on to Yale.
- Aug 1, 2014. Our MixMir microRNA manuscript has been published by Nucleic Acids Research
- Jun 24, 2014. Our human piRNA paper with Jinchuan Xing's group is in press at BMC Genomics
- Mar 18, 2014. Our paper with the group of Marc Friedlander and Xavier Estivill (Centre de Regulació Genòmica, Barcelona), "Evidence for the biogenesis of more than 1,000 novel human microRNAs", is in press at Genome Biology
Feb 14, 2014. Our spectral learning for chromatin state annotation manuscript has been posted to bioRxiv.